Tuesday 28 May 2013

Wrexham: Then and Now

It has, unbelievably, been a year that I have been doing these blogs now. Yes, it does feel like only a few short months, I know! I had planned on a grand celebration, but instead I would like to share a pictorial edition. As a prelude to a forthcoming blog on the town of Wrexham, I would like to present, partly as a celebration of my year of blogging, and partly in tribute to my late father, whose photos are included here: Wrexham, then and now!

The town of Wrexham has changed over the years, of course, and I think these photos, taken in 1990 and 2012 respectively, show the breadth of some of these changes.



































The old Vegetable Market is perhaps one of the keenest-felt losses in the town:













Building the new Tesco:














No comments:

Post a Comment